The ADHD Solution Deck gives adults new insights into the minds and feelings of youth with ADHD, and offers practical, easy-to-use tools that foster more cooperation and reduce arguing.
The deck is divided into five themes to help parents and kids stay calm, and work together.
- Self-Control. Tools to manage your own feelings first so you can act effectively, and teach your child to do the same.
- Compassion. Strategies to meet your child where they are, not where you expect them to be.
- Collaboration. Learning to use a "we" attitude instead of a "you should" approach.
- Consistency. Tips to aim for steadiness, without expecting perfection from you or your child.
- Celebration. Reminders to recognize what is working, and providing on-going praise.